This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

18 May 2005

After rising, I did travel some short distance to mine office and spent much of the day in private correspondence. There is much work to be done in ordering the estate, and however meet it is for this burden to be upon me, still I bear it to my discomfort, not in that the troubles are that which I might flee, but that they come to me for the failing of my own health these past years. Would that I had been better able to tend to the movements of my servants and estates, but in truth, such was not the will of the Lord.

Thus, I did dispatch letters unto various ministers, advising them of my intentions, and so I wait for such answers as my couriers may bear back to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home