This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

23 November 2007

Vpon ys day, my lady daughter and her two baybees arrived and spent the day in quiet pastimes, for I still most ill and can attend to little.

So also on this day did my Lord returneth from his service to M. de Clint, 7 we spake on ye issue of his man, and though I not yet be settled to him staying within Marihaus, I am willing to let it be so for some brief time, and have allowed yt he may lodge below stairs 7 give such service and payment as shall be arranged in exchange for lodging et seat at table; my Lord's man remains committed to other masters and so can not take directly to our service, but neither can he be boarded as a guest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home