This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

15 May 2009

On ys day, I set my servant to cook a small porrige et thereafter sought ye manor's steward to complain of ye fires in our rooms. Et thereafter I returned to ye room, et with my Lord ate ye food as cooked for us but soon after repaired to and inn serving food. 7 there at we ate and spoke pleseantly with a gentle named Ivor 7 another named Cainnleach (who is of ye New Kingdom called Outlands 7 is wed vnto one Giovanni) et divers others, who spoke of ye history of ye manor called Anemos, et ye things yt they had witnessed, et divers many other things, 7 ye time passed most pleasingly, 7 I happy for speaking vnto these gentles. Et so also did we spend much time in quiet, et my Lord read, et I repaired my arrows et watched ye fighters in their tourney, et listened to ye horses whicker, knowing not why these creatures whinnies seemed so noticable to me ys day. Et it rained, and we moved little through the day, but ye steward sent a man to repair ye fireplace et we were so comforted yt is bothered us not to be still. 7 my lady Margaret spent some while talking with me but I so tired that I remember not what we spoke of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home