This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

15 June 2005

On this day I met with the lady Bevin fitz Alan after much confusion; my messenger did not bear unto her my confirmation of our appointment and I waited much puzzled for some time before sending forth another messenger. Most fortunate were we that she stayed not far from the place we did arrange to meet! Thereafter we set to a simple meal of beef, bread, and fruit and spoke at length of sundry concerns whilst walking though the markets.

Upon returning to my home I did find that my Lord Miguel had in his company one Cassandra, a member of his family long ago moved to the New Kingdoms, a place I know little of called The Mists. We passed some while most pleasantly in discussion of the Papish religion and other matters of much controversy, until we realized the lateness of the hour, and thereafter she hied unto her Inn, and we to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home