This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

02 June 2005

On this day, I received of a messenger a small bundle of plantings for my near kitchen garden, of herbs and flowers and several plants from the wild lands across the ocean; Pomum Aureum and Poma Amoris. They are much enjoyed with oil and pepper in the hot climes, so I am told, but I know naught of them directly. I am sent them as a curiosity by a lady who would be remembered unto me, and I shall set them to my garden.

I seek still both rosemary and lavender; I can find no plantings thereof.

So also on this day, we did see a troupe of passing Morris dancers, traveling I know not where. They stopped and provided us much mirth; the baybee was with us this day, and he did command my lord Miguel to join with him in imitation of the dancers; I thought to die from merriment.

Alas, the troupe did leave, but not without a small gift of us, and so to quieter pursuits for the rest of the eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home