This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

04 October 2006

Vpon Saint Jerome's day, I did progress vnto ye estate of ye Baron et Baroness, to partake in an entertainment. Many of ye nobles and gentles of ye barony were present, some whom none had seen in many years, as Andrew Grenecloak, who was returned from his travels to attend vpon yr excellauncies in ys last of yr courts.

While there, I was wroth to find my blank-tables damaged and must send ym forth to ye Stationairs yt they may be repaired.

I spent my time in pleasaunt discourse wh ye lady Adelecia, 7 Dame Josceline, 7 sundry others whom I love well. So also did I witness the lady Genevieve de Belleville become a part of ye household of Durand Fitz Robert as his squire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home