This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

03 August 2009

On ys ye day of ye myrrah bearing women, I did not stir from ye encampment in ye day. At evensong, I went to ye encampment of Baron Aaron Swiftrunner 7 enioyed hys kindness, et spent some time in conuersation with ye Baroness Rufinia, whom I admire. But other yn ys, I did little but read et try not to fret for my concerns.

Vpon ye day of Saint Eusebius of Vercelli, Baron Swiftrunner came vnto ye encampment to addess an invitation to hys encampment ye following evening et we agreed yt ys seemed a marvelous entertainment et swore our attendance. 7 elsewise I did little but study.

Vpon again rising on ye eve of said day, I moved little for my continued exhaustion, doing naught but writing letters describing our safe arriual.

On ye day of Joseph of Arimathea, we departed for ye Pennsic Iousts after ye bells struck for Compline 7 we spent ye night in trauell, et arrived at our encampment near vnto Terce, which was yn ye eve of Saint Eusebius of Vercelli, et we spent some hours in ye direction of ye placement of our goods, et then to bed for seuerall hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home