This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

19 May 2010

On ys day, I moved me to walk about ye estate at Marihaus et determine what thyngs must be done, owing to having neglected much during ys grete illness.

Item: ye meshes at ye first door, ye field door, & ye grete window in my apartment needs must be mended.

item: ye field dore et ye stable dores must be whitewashed, as must ye whole stable, et ye steppes vnto ye field door.

item: ye bottom boards of ye stable must be replaced.

item: ye near garden must be weeded, et so also all ye far gardens. Et ye east field needs must be mown.

item: ye tree I obrtained some weeks ago must be planted, et seedlings set out.

item: ye clothing yt I can make no more of must be seperated out, yt it may be sent as alms vnto ye poor or sold vnto ye rag & bone man, each piece in accordance with its repair.

item: ye archery equipment must be seen to, et ye butts rebuilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home