This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

18 June 2005

On this day, I and my servants set forth in company of lady Bevin to the Faire being held in the Middling West Hall of the city. The journey was of little trouble, being a dry day and the Kingdom roads in good repair but for a section just to the south of the city. The faire was overlarge, and therein we did find a goodly number of merchants selling jewels and other sorts of pearls and beads from all the world, even unto the far eastern lands of Nippon. I bought leaves and crystals and corals of many different merchants, but so also did I find that some among the traders were little more than thieves.

After, we were joined by my Lord Miguel and Beavin's Lord Ivan, to attended a new play called Man of Bats, and it was as frightening a drama as any ever I have seen. This over, we each returned unto our own estates and there unto bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home