This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

20 April 2007

Vpon ys day I received of ye Baroness ye news yt ye Lord Donato hath died; et I sorrowe to learn of it, 7 said prayers in rememberance of him and his lady wyfe, Ayesha, who I had held in great esteem.

Et so also did I receive injury whilst riding in my carriage, there being a cart behind me and unable to stop before stiking me. Et so I sent for one of ye sheriff's men, and caused him to record ye name of ye cart driver, et I to home to bed, for ye sufferings made me fit for naught else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Good cousin,

My heart pains upon receiving word of your misfortune. Prithy send me word of your health that I may be at ease.

Giovanna

2:01 PM  
Blogger ecb said...

Unto mine own dear gossip,

I am marvelous tender across my back and am bidden to lift nothing, but otherwise I fare well enow and will recover anon.

Be of good cheer, for all will pass, though I suffer discontent for the cost of repair to my carriage!

Merouda

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home