This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

12 February 2007

Vpon ys day, I returned vnto ye Earle's Chancery, having returned to Marihaus last eventide. We arrived home but a few hours before the snows, having finished a progress between ye manor of Maestra Giovanna et her Lord, Padruig, et ye home of Catlin et James, which doth border on the Wycliffe manor. Et so also did we view Wycliffe House, but as ye winds were cold et snows heavy, we did not depart from ye carriage and instead sent word to ye men yt ye outbuilding by the road hath been damaged and must be repaired.

Et Maestra Giovanna showed me the gift of stockings with garters yt she had made, and I found them a pretty thing and am minded to make like things for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home