This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

02 May 2007

Vpon this day I received a letter of ye black monk vnto whom I had sent ye purse for ye benefit of ye scriptorium at Wales which did contain his most humble thanks for ye gift.

Vpon ye feast of St Phillip ye Apostle, yr was a celebration of ye new year in ye New Kingdoms, the which I did not celebrate, having too many duties at ye Earle's Chancery to travel therefrom.

Et so also on ye day of Catherine of Sienna did I see to ye planting of ye apple trees obtained from ye Weston Manor in ye southernmost garden of Marihaus, having for curiosity grafted ym by my own hand under ye instruction of ye steward's man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home