This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

25 May 2007

Vpon ye eve, my Lord Miguel set to ye kynge's roads to do business near to ye Barony of ye Flame in ye New Kingdom to ye south, but having trouble wh ye wagon was unable to continue 7 so returneth home. 7 we thereafter moved to an inn to sup, as I had no thing ready, thinking to furnish my own meal from meat left over. My Lord attempts to arrange repair of ye wagon this date, et mayhap return to his business, elsewise, a great expenditure shall be lost et M. de Kieth, who doth accompany my Lord on ys business, will also lose yt which he hath inuested.

Et so also did I move to ioin ye archers et practice among ym vpon ye aforementioned eve, but found yt ye accursed weather did interfere so mightily yt no arrow could be loosed with accuracy et ye rains soon enow drenched vs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home