This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

07 August 2008

On ys day, I set forth to ye fair yt I might again seek a gift to send to my lady daughtre in distant Madrone, and spent ye most part of ye day in ys. Thereafter I sought ye goodman Ethan of Gilsdorf, who had spent some time at Marihaus several fortnights past, and whose conuersation gave me grete pleasure. Et he was in attendance within hys encampment and we spoke several moments, but owing to ye lateness of ye hour, I staid not, but noted the pleasauntness of ye camp et thought to learn more of ye company with which he staid. Et so to dinner et then to visitations thereafter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home