This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

26 May 2010

On ys day, I visited ye kitchens et noted that it is become too hot already and have determined yt a summer kitchen must be built, 7 set to order, 7 vsed, owing to the grete heat yt seethe into ye house from ye closeness of the kitchens. But said summer kitchen shall not be ouer big, but only of a small enough size, for it is unwise to spend too much on such a building to be used only at such tymes. But nonetheless, this is added to my list of items yt must be done to recouer from yese last yeres. & ye heat of ys season is too much, 7 I can little recall so hot a May.

7 so also on ys day, I receiued of ye Marchoness a letter of credit for some 12 soueriegn and seueral shillings, et am to take it to ye stores at Bosten. And so also did she invite all at ye Chancery et others of her household to eat al fresco 7 set her men to cook beef over flames, et I had no veil or mask for my face and could find no shade and so have had my skin marred by ye sun, but not to my discomfort, et I most thankful for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home