This is both a research project and an experiment in creating a diary in the style of a Tudor-era woman. Research notes are usually found here, and my primary journal is here.

08 August 2008

On ys day, I went from out ye encampment et sought information on ye printer of whom I had heard report. Et so in walking I met with Mistress Alexis, with whom I had had much correspondence but had not met, et a lady of ye encampment yt hosted ye Goodman Ethan of Gilsdorf. & I spoke with them at length, owing vnto ye rains, et learned of ym more in ye vseful arte of knitting. 7 ye lady Vihlein spake with me regading ye ouens yt are run within yr encampment, et I am determined o pursue ys acquaitence, owing to ye pleasure of talking wh her et ye hope of further learning yt may be of vse in improving ye manor.

7 thence I found ye printer of whom I had heard report et spoke with him at grete length regarding ye workings of his press, et am minded to comission such documents as I may, or obtain a press in my own name, yt I might profit from this business as well as work within ye Earle's chancery. Et so also did I introduce his work to ye Mistress Gwenhwyvar, yt she may also know more of ys work.

Et thereafter did my Lord et I begin ouersight og ye packing of our wagonsm yt we might leave vpon ye next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home